Saturday, June 23, 2012

Seven Days (June 22nd)


I decided to spend some time looking back over the blog. Goodness, I’ve written a novel! This is something for me to look back on years down the road and she what crazy shenanigans happened while I randomly on a whim decided to go off to China to teach! It seems like longer than 6 weeks ago I was boarding that flight in Dulles nearly scared to death I was going to be stranded in the middle of China! I wasn’t even in the middle of China.

After rereading parts of the blog, I worked on some games on Pogo for me and Aunt Rita to pass the time. I’m sure there are other things I could be doing – but I just can’t think of what they might be right now. Well, I did do laundry for the last time while I’ll be here. I know, not much excitement, but it’s the last time because I’ll have enough clothes to wear home once these are finished drying. Who knows how long it will take for them to dry since it’s raining and there is no sun out to dry them. I hang my clothes up around the house at home to dry but at least I can get a good air flow or something – it can take two days sometimes around here, especially if it’s raining or extremely humid.



I did something tonight that I would never do at home. I went to a restaurant by myself and sat down and ate. I always feel bad for the people who are sitting alone eating at a restaurant. I guess I feel like they have no family or friends when in reality maybe they just want some time alone. I decided I wanted some American food and went to Pizza Hut. It was a charades game of course telling them what I wanted. The last time we were there, we did have a waiter who knew English but I was not fortunate enough to have him tonight. I ordered a small Hawaiian pizza but she told me that I had to get the medium (which in our standards is between a small and medium). I ordered a Sprite, since I know how to say that but she pointed at 7UP in the menu. Ok, I’ll take it since I enjoy having a carbonated beverage with my pizza. I ate half of it and asked to take it with me since I know how to say that. It sounds like “dow bow” (bow like on a present, not a bow like bending at the waist – isn’t English crazy?).

On my walk back to the apartment, I went a different route so I could stop by and tell Jackie I wasn’t sure when I was leaving this town but wanted to say bye to him. He told me if I was still around to stop back and see him. He did get a new worker girl. He said it’s his only employee and I was confused because his cousin, whom he calls his brother, was there the other night working by himself. He said that he just helps out sometimes.

I was able to Skype with Mom, Sis, and Waylon again tonight. They just put the computer pointed towards Waylon and it was like I was just sitting in the living room with them … just several thousand miles away! After talking to them, I listened to some music I was able to download and then read some before I finally fell asleep slightly after 2 am. Why oh why is my sleeping schedule confused again? I guess because I’m thinking of being home in SEVEN days. There is a lot to do and I will be busy but it will make it go so much faster! 

No comments:

Post a Comment