Friday, June 8, 2012

Back to Broadway (June 8th)

What a wonderful feeling not to have to hear that dreaded alarm clock this morning. When I finally decided to wake up it was just about 9 a.m. and I was pretty sure I didn’t move at all during the night which has been quite rare for me. I guess I’m getting used to the hard bed but I’m sure I will be very much out of alignment when I go back to see my beloved Dr. Bosko. I always thought the people who said “I need to go to the chiropractor” were old and crazy. Nope, I don’t think that anymore. I absolutely love my chiropractor! I can’t wait to get to go when I get home (of course after many hours of sleep in my own bed)!

Erin and I went to Amy’s Coffee this morning for our breakfast deliciousness! Yummm … that thing is so amazingly wonderful! While we were there, it began to thunder and pour, I mean POUR! We waited until we thought the rain was clearing up a bit before we decided to head back to the apartment. Erin hadn’t taken her umbrella with her since it wasn’t raining when we left. I had mine but it is so small, that it doesn’t cover us both. She tells me that she is going to “power walk” home but I see her running down the street. I thought it was pouring the other day, no way was it pouring, this was like I was riding the Canyon River Rapids at HersheyPark. I looked like I just got off the ride when I got back to the apartment. The entire back of my shirt was soaked, the front of my pants, and my shoes and socks were beyond soaking wet!

I spent most of the day trying to remember what I had written on the blog postings that I lost before I could upload them until the electricity went out. This was a real storm with rain, thunder, and lightning!

Allison was picking Erin and I up at 4:50 to go to the Broadway Hotel (the place where I first ate when I arrived in Jinhua). It was the vice-president of the university, Gary, Allison, Erin, and me at dinner. They ordered 2 bottles of Great Wall red wine for just me and Erin! Oh my goodness … I told Allison she was crazy and just trying to get me drunk! Needless to say, we only polished off one bottle. I don’t even like wine! The food was slightly different than last time. There was fish, a whole chicken (head and feet included), long spicy green bean type things, spinach, sticky rice roll (Erin’s favorite thing), nuts, sizzling steak as they call it, pig feet and bamboo soup, and some other stuff. We took the camera this time but there wasn’t near as many different things. Perhaps that’s because I’m getting used to the Chinese food.

Allison and Gary said that they would like for me to come back next semester. I laughed it off and said, “I don’t know”. I guess they like me here. Seriously, what’s not to love about me? Ha ha ha … that’s the most conceited thing I’ve said in a long long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment