Friday, May 18, 2012

Annoying Birds (May 17th)

This morning started with a Skype with Kandy, Shawn, Mom, and Kassidy. Poor Kass didn’t understand what was going on. This morning for school entailed me showing the taxi driver my new note of where I want to go. It seemed to work fine as he dropped me off at the west gate. Seriously, it seems as though the walk to the office is really long. It seemed especially long this morning with my screwed up knee. I slipped the other day on the wet concrete and I think I tore something up. The four flights of stairs to my first class were no help to the pain level. Oh how I wish I had ice and Dr. Bosko! Ice is not something people use around here. Matter of fact, I don’t think I’ve seen it yet!

Back in the office after my first two classes today, I update my notes that I will eventually put on Blogger while waiting to go for some lunch. My last class of the day is 3:40 – 5:00 so I have plenty of time to prep and eat some lunch. Today’s menu was rice and carrots – it’s my lunch of choice.

Or my class isn’t at 3:40!  Jack, a student, arrived at the office at 2:20 and informed me that class started at 2. Oops – apparently my schedule was not correct. Oh well!

Our office has a window – thank goodness since our air conditioning doesn’t work. I’m more of an air girl and not the natural breeze from a window. That’s ok – I’m thankful for a cool breeze. Here’s the problem with our window. There is an annoying, and by that I mean ANNOYING bird that seems rather far away that is constantly “a woo wooing”. It reminds me of the movie, Failure to Launch where the roommate wants to kill the mockingbird. After she shoots it with the BB gun, she has her new boyfriend perform CPR on it because she feels bad. Ok, I would NOT feel bad if this bird had an untimely death. Actually, it would make my day. I’m not all for killing animals but this bird deserves it!

I wait for Erin’s class to be over and we go home together. I took a head start on walking to the gate because my knee feels like I need surgery. I have no idea what is wrong with it but I’m pretty sure something in there is completely out-of-whack!

I try the Internet again because I’ve been told that it should work. I still can’t get it to work so I hobble down to Erin’s apartment and get her router to see if that is the problem. Still no luck, so Erin takes a try. Woo hoo – I have no idea what she did (neither does she) but I now have Internet.

I was apparently tired and went to sleep around 7:30ish. I woke up at 1 am though to turn off the lights that I had left on while reading before falling asleep. I didn’t even eat my leftover noodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment